We are tired of the world trying to do things on its own. After all… the things we can accomplish together are far greater than what we do apart. And at this point… We are talking about far more than just working better or throwing a good party.
The exchange of ideas and collaborative projects, a weekend of shenanigans, ruckus… toomfoolery. This is not the goal, this is the beginning. In these actions… these acts of together. We become advocates… Advocates for fixing what’s wrong. Advocates for the lives of others. At home. And abroad.
Because this is what we are learning. We are all connected. The broken people. The ones with hurting lives. They are tired too. We need to get together…not just have ‘get-togethers’. But get together! To tie our lives around each other.
Life is better shared. And it is in doing so.. that we really find it. When we are more focused on one another, than fixated on ourselves. Perhaps that is because it is only in the giving of life to one another… where we really find our own?
And if this is true… it leaves a somewhat daunting question… What do I love more? My life? Or the lives of others?
- Tuesday I crossed something off my bucket list; beach fire. Technically it was in the forest, but it was literally on the very edge of a lake, so it counts. We burnt spraypaint and sat on longboards and chatted and gathered sticks and pretended we were Les Stroud.
- bought some twinkle lights for my dorm room. Such a wise decision, my little house is now warm and inviting. Luv et.
- woke up this morning after a wonderful slumber to the smell of apples and cinnamon, freaking DELICIOUS. makes me feel so cozy. ILY fall.
- did lots of homework, totally pulled a Hermione and overachieved like a boss.
- A dude in my class noticed my poster was done in Helvetica ultra light, bond.
- Realized I have the coolest roomies ever, every day. They’re such a blessing. Seriously.
- Went to UCM tonight, heard people’s testimonies. It was awesome yet heartbreaking at the same time. Made me realize that everyone is fighting a battle, but even more it reminded me that we’re here to carry each other.
- After UCM, Jordan and I (girl from ma dormz/choich) decided to gather the leftovers of the bread donations we get from one of the local churches and gave them to people in the dorms. I hope it made people happy.
- Now I’m going to go enjoy watching Lion King 1 1/2 with the roomie and colour.